Subject Area: Sanskrit
Chair: Professor Christopher Minkowski - firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrator: Trust funds administrator - email@example.com
- Travel Awards
- Full/partial maintenance grants
- Airfare to India to study Sanskrit
- Travel costs
- Maintenance grant to cover costs during completion of thesis
291. Boden Professor of Sanskrit
1. The Boden Professor of Sanskrit shall lecture and give instruction in the Sanskrit Language and Literature.
2. The professor shall be elected by an electoral board consisting of:
(1) the Vice-Chancellor, or, if the Master of Balliol College is Vice-Chancellor, a person appointed by Council on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(2) the Master of Balliol College, or, if the Master is unable or unwilling to act, a person appointed by the Governing Body of Balliol College on the occurrence of a vacancy to act as an elector on that occasion;
(3) a person appointed by the Governing Body of Balliol College;
(4) a person appointed by Council;
(5), (6) two persons elected by the Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies;
(7) a person elected by the Board of the Faculty of Literae Humaniores.
3. The professor shall be subject to the General Provisions of the decree concerning the duties of professors and to those Particular Provisions of the same decree which are applicable to this chair.
Committee for the Boden Fund
The first charge upon the income of the Boden Fund shall be the payment of a contribution towards the cost of the Boden Professorship of Sanskrit. The second charge shall be the financing of the Boden Scholarship. The committee of management for the scholarship shall consist of the Boden Professor of Sanskrit ex officio and one or more other members appointed by the Board. The duties of the committee shall be:
(a) to make recommendations on the stipend to be paid to the Boden Scholar.
(b) to make or recommend grants for purposes connected with the advancement of Sanskrit studies in the University. The committee shall be empowered to make grants up to £600 provided that such grants are reported to the next meeting of the board. For grants of over £600 the committee shall submit recommendations for the board’s approval.
The committee shall apply the income of the fund in accordance with Statutes 2000, Ch.XVI, Sect.VI1, pp.131-132.
- Professor Christopher Minkowski
- Dr James Benson
- Dr Gillian Evison
- Professor Diwakar Acharya
||SB/1 & SB/5