Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships and Grants
Glorisun Graduate Scholarshihp in Buddhist Studies - applications due Friday 30 April 2021.
Lingyin Graduate Scholarship in Buddhist Studies - applications due Friday 30 April 2021.
Graduate Language Study (MPhil students only)
This grant is available to students enrolled on an MPhil course in the Faculty (including the MPhil courses organised jointly with OSGA, in Japanese, Modern South Asian Studies, Modern Middle Eastern Studies, and Modern Chinese Studies) who attend a language course abroad between the first and second year of their course.
You may apply for up to £500 towards the cost of this study abroad. Applications are due by the Week 3 of the Term preceding the vacation period for which you wish to undertake your course abroad. Please apply using the Graduate language study application form found under Research Support, here.
Asian and Middle Eastern Studies Research Grant (PRS/DPhil students only)
Graduate research students who are within fee liability can apply for research support costs for the purpose of attendance at conferences provided the student will be giving a paper; travel and subsistence costs associated with field research; and/or to purchase materials necessary for research. You are eligible for £600 in total which can be applied for either as a lump sum or in yearly £200 instalments. Please apply using the Graduate research application form found under Research Support here.
Subject Group Trust Funds
Egyptology and the Ancient Near East
- A.H. Gardiner Settlement - Egyptology
- GA Wainwright Near Eastern Arch Fund - Near Eastern Archaeology
- Griffith Egyptological Fund - Egyptology
- Griffith Institute Main Fund - Egyptology
- Sarah J Clackson Coptic Fund - Coptic
Hebrew, Jewish and Eastern Christian Studies
- Dolabani Fund for Syriac Studies - Syriac Studies
- Kennicott Fund - Hebrew Studies
- Marjory Wardrop Fund - The Language, Literature and History of Georgia
- Nubar Pasha Armenian Scholarships - Armenian History and Literature
- Pusey and Ellerton Fund - Theology/Hebrew Language, Literature, History, or Archaeology
- Segal Fund - Hebrew and Jewish Studies
Inner and South Asia
- Boden Fund - Sanskrit
- Glorisun Graduate Scholarship for Buddhist Studies
- Lingyin Graduate Scholarship for Buddhist Studies
- Max Muller Memorial Fund - Ancient India
- Radhakrishnan Memorial Bequest - South and Inner Asian Studies
Japanese and Korean
- Clough Travel Fund - Japanese
- Sasakawa Fund - Japanese Studies
- Young Bin Min-KF University Lectureship in Korean Language - Korean Language and Linguistics
- Davis Scholarships in Chinese - Chinese
- W.N. Thomas Tam Fund for Chinese Studies - Chinese Language
Arabic, Persian and Turkish
- James Mew Scholarships in Arabic & Rabbinical Hebrew - Arabic, Rabbinical Hebrew
- Jill Hart Trust for Indo-Iranian Philology - Indo-Iranian Philology
- Mustafa Badawi Prize in Modern Arabic Literature - Modern Arabic Literature
- Sheikh Zayed Endowment Fund for Islamic Studies - Near and Middle Eastern Studies
To apply, please fill out the application form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org It is always advisable to contact email@example.com if you have any queries regarding your application to any of the Trust Funds listed on the Faculty Website.