Max Muller Memorial Fund
Subject Area: Ancient India
Chair: Professor Christopher Minkowski - firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrator: Trust funds administrator - email@example.com
- Grant towards the travel costs of research trip to Sri Lanka
- Grant towards travel and subsistence costs associated with a research trip to India
- Grant for expenses incurred on trip to Nepal
- Grant for expenses incurred on trip to Jodhpur
- Grant made in partial support of conference travel costs to the World Sanskrit Conference
- Grant monies awarded towards fees
§ 247. Müller Memorial Fund
1. The fund shall be called the Max Müller Memorial Fund.
2. The income of the fund shall be applied to the promotion of learning and research in all matters relating to the history and archaeology, the languages, literatures, and religions of ancient India.
3. The administration of the income of the fund shall be entrusted to seven persons, who shall be
(1) the Vice-Chancellor;
(2) the Boden Professor of Sanskrit;
(3) the Laudian Professor of Arabic;
(4) the Warden of All Souls College;
(5) one person to be nominated by the Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies;
(6), (7) two persons to be chosen by co-optation to serve for five years.
4. All the powers of the administrators of the fund may be exercised by a majority of those present and voting at a meeting duly summoned, provided that four of the administrators at least be present.
5. If in any year the income from the fund be not wholly expended, the administrators may order that the balance so remaining shall be invested temporarily.
6. The accounts of the fund shall be audited and published in each year with the other University Accounts.
7. This decree shall be subject to alteration from time to time by Council provided that the object of the fund as defined in clause 2 above is adhered to.
Max Müller Memorial Fund
The Board of Oriental Studies shall appoint one representative to the management committee for the fund, other members being ex officio and two members being co-opted by the committee. The fund shall be administered in accordance with Statutes, 2000, Ch.IX. Sect. I, p. 687.
The committee shall be empowered to make grants of up to £600 provided that such grants are reported to the next meeting of the Faculty Board. For grants of over £600 the committee shall submit recommendations for the Faculty Board’s approval.
- Professor Christopher Minkowski
- Professor Julia Bray
- Professor James Benson
- Dr David Gellner