Subject Area: Hebrew and Jewish Studies
Chair: Professor Martin Goodman
Administrator: Trust funds administrator - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support of the 4th year of DPhil in Hebrew Bible Studies
- Other support Grants
§ 320. Segal Fund
1. The University accepts with gratitude the gift of the executors of the will of Lord Segal of Wytham, the income from which shall be used for an award for a graduate student preparing for submission to the University a doctoral thesis in Hebrew or Jewish Studies.
2. The Board of the Faculty of Oriental Studies shall be the board of management for the award and shall have power to determine the value of the award and the terms and conditions upon which it shall be offered.
3. Income not expended in any year shall be carried forward for expenditure in subsequent years.
4. Council shall have power to alter this decree from time to time, provided that the object of the benefaction as defined in clause 1 above shall always be kept in view.
Committee for the Segal Fund
The committee shall consist of the chair of the board, the Reader in Jewish Studies, the Regius Professor of Hebrew, and the Cowley Lecturer in Post-Biblical Hebrew. It shall select annually the recipient of a grant to a research student in Hebrew or Jewish Studies, and shall apply the income of the fund in accordance with Statutes 2000, Ch.IX, Sect.1, §318, p.722.
- Faculty Board Chair
- Professor Jan Joosten
- Professor Martin Goodman
- Professor Adriana X. Jacobs